Tuesday, October 16, 2012

made it!

Many years ago, I was told I would be a writer. I listened, but did not realistically believe it would be so.  The prophecy also suggested I would live by water, in the northwest.  At that time I was planning a trek to the east, some small town closer to a sister, who the further away she moved the closer we became.  So my plans included humidity, high taxes and a new frenetic lifestyle.  But writing? Northwest?  No way.

So fast forward to now.  I am a Northwesterner to the point that there is webbing between my toes (you aren't the only one Ellen). I live by a big lake. And I write. Yeah this little bloggy thing, but the thing that is getting me a distinction is a silly newsletter that has become a monthly email my coworkers have come to enjoy.  My boss and boss's boss all have given me accolades for my "work."  But I knew I made it when after more than a year of publishing my little tome, the one naysayer to the project, the person who refused to participate on any level finally did.  And additionally sent me one sentence that ended with, "I look forward to reading the newsletter monthly."

Oh yeah I made it!

Even though I am far from being a card carrying "writer."

And now a comment on this little blog.

I am doing the happy dance.  Not only do I have two "followers" but a comment from someone who IS a writer.  Something I wrote provoked her to take the time to say something. (Thanks Libby.)

And it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment