Saturday, October 20, 2012

busted!

I was so almost busted yesterday.  No we did not drink too much wine and get pulled over, although I did show my adult daughter views from Washington Wine Country.

Early in the day my kiddo throws out her first bone.  It was early and I had only had one cuppa joe, so I knew I needed to be wary.  She has a habit of throwing out something and letting me talk.  And then jumping on me with the info she already knew.  

Yesterday was no different. 

"I read your blog. " 

Yikes am I busted?  Some of you may know that I am hiding out in plain site by blogging here.  Long story but suffice to say it was just short of a restraining order.

"Oh really?" I say, ""and?"  (perfect non committal and doesn't give her any information that she doesn't already have. 

"And you are kind of funny, actually," she relied.

OK, so now I gotta know if I am still hidden.  "What did you read about?"

"Don't you remember?  I guess it was a while since you posted something."

Whew, I think I might still be in the clear. "Yeah I don't really blog anymore.  Show me what you read."

Score! She pulls up my old site "the world according to gidge," I remain sequestered.

"How funny that you found this.  How did you find it?" 

OK, so all of you out there thinking all the stuff you do that you don't think your kids will find out, she tells me she "googled Aunt H and found her blog, (she's really funny too) and saw that you had commented and followed that link to your blog."

This my friends is exactly why I do not sleep in anymore!  The moral of this story, google yourself and all your friends and family to find out what's out there.  Oh and don't write anything your don't want your kid to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment